I Need Your Arms Around Me

Written By LJ

Characters: Gil and Nick
Type: Slash/ discipline partnership


Crime Scene Investigator Nick Stokes stood there trying to catch his breath and working hard not to cry. He was still shaking.

“I can’t believe he just walked out,” the young investigator grumbled to himself. “I was as good as dead just a few minutes ago and all he asked was if I was all right! What the hell did he think? I know he’s my boss but for shit’s sake, he’s also my partner. He could at least have offered me some comfort or is that too much to ask?”

Nick slowly turned a complete circle, taking in the various objects in the room. The room where he had almost been shot by that psycho woman. She had already killed someone else who had stood in her way, so one more wouldn’t have matter to her.

‘If Gil hadn’t come back in time……’ Nick couldn’t follow that thought any further. He grabbed up his jacket and headed out the door with one goal in mind, ‘I’ve gotta get out of here!’

A few minutes later, CSI Supervisor Grissom returned to the crime scene calling out for his young lover. “Nick….Nick, where are you?” He checked through every room in the house and soon realized the other man had vacated the premises.

Grissom shook his head in frustration, pulled out his cell phone and dialed Nick’s number. He worried snapped the phone shut after leaving a terse message. “Nick, it’s Gil. I don’t know where you are, but if you are not on your way back to the lab, please call me ASAP.”

Grissom gathered up the equipment left behind by his missing partner and went outside to hitch a ride back to the lab with Captain Jim Brass.

************

“I’m sorry!” Nick said to the police officer as he handed over his identification, license and registration. “I’m upset and didn’t realize I was over the speed limit. I’ve just left a crime scene that I found rather unnerving.”

“You were forty miles over and about to enter a residential area. Fortunately, at four o’clock in the morning there is very little traffic. However, if you are that upset, maybe you shouldn’t be behind the wheel. I’ll arrange for your vehicle to be picked-up, then I’ll drive you either back to the CSI lab or to your home. Whichever you want.”

“Do you really think that’s necessary?” Nick was reluctant to follow the officer’s suggestions, as he did not want his partner to find out. “Can’t you just give me a ticket or whatever and let me go back to the lab on my own?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Please come with me and I’ll take you there,” was the unwanted answer.

A short time later, a rather perturbed Grissom walked into the employee’s break room to find his dejected-looking investigator slumped at the end of the table, silently berating himself for his impulsive behavior. Checking to make sure no one else was around, the CSI supervisor put a hand under Nick’s arm and hauled his wayward Brat into his arms for a brief hug.

“What going on, Nicky?” Grissom asked softly.

“I-I…. I’m sorry, Gil,” Nick stuttered.

“Let’s head for home where we can discuss tonight’s events in minute detail, Nicky,” Grissom suggested, not unkindly.

Arriving home just as the sun was rising, Gil parked the car and turned to his partner. “I want you to have a shower and get into your sleepwear while I get us something to eat.”

Nick opened his mouth as if to argue and then changed his mind. He got out of the front seat, quietly shut the door and walked into the small bungalow they shared.

Twenty minutes later, the two men were seated at their kitchen table. They were hungry, so it didn’t take them long to polish off the soup and sandwiches Grissom had prepared.

Grissom got up and cleared the table while Nick sat toying with his empty glass.

“What happened, Nicky?” Gil asked, settling in his chair once again. Both men knew what Grissom was talking about.

“You left me standing there by myself. You just asked if I was all right and left. You shouldn’t have even had to ask, you should have known. I was terrified! That bitch almost killed me! If you hadn’t…” Nick couldn’t go on. He sat staring at his lover as his eyes filled with tears.

“Nicky, I was only gone two or three minutes. I had to take her out to the patrol car and have her arrested because there was no one else to do it. I came right back in only to find you had taken off. I know you were frightened, very frightened, but running away wasn’t the answer. You should have trusted me to be there for you as soon as humanly possible.” Grissom pushed his chair away from the table, took Nick’s arm and pulled him up and over to sit on his lap. “I’m sorry it happened the way it did, baby,” he murmured words of apology and comfort.

Nestling into the other man’s neck and wrapping his arms around his shoulders, Nick whispered. “You’re right, I should have waited. I do trust you, Gil, and I’m sorry for leaving the way I did.”

“Where is your car, Nicky? It wasn’t in the parkade. Did something else happen tonight that we should be talking about?” Gil asked suspiciously, lifting his partner’s head and staring into his eyes.

“Yes,” Nick answered in a low voice and looked away. “I was stopped by the police.”

“Why?”

“I was driving too fast and I was approaching a residential area. I was upset!” Nick exclaimed a little too loudly when he saw the look of displeasure on his partner’s face.

“Speak properly without yelling, Nick!” Gil warned in a crisp tone. “What did the officer do?”

“Well, he didn’t give me a ticket if that’s what you mean. He just said he didn’t think I should be driving in the condition I was in and drove me back to the lab. He did, however, have my car impounded for safekeeping. I figure I can pick it up later today.” Nick finished on a quieter note.

“The officer was correct! You had absolutely no business being behind the wheel when you were that worked up. You or someone else could have been seriously injured or even killed. And we’ve talked about this impulsive behavior of yours before, haven’t we?” Grissom sternly admonished.

“Yes, sir!” Nick responded dejectedly as he suddenly comprehended where this conversation was leading.

Most people would not be aware of how fast the CSI chief could move, nor would they believe how strong he was. The last words had barely left Nick’s mouth before he found himself face down over his partner’s lap with a cool breeze playing over his bared butt. Nick himself couldn’t understand how easy it was for Gil to manhandle him. After all, both men were about the same height and although Grissom out-weighed him slightly, Nick was quite a bit younger.

All too soon the older man’s disapproval was made crystal clear by the slow steady smacks to Nick’s vulnerable backside, quickly building up the heat to an almost intolerable level. Grissom continued to land one powerful swat after another in spite of his Brat’s cries of pain and frantic efforts to get away from the punishing hand. Sensing the lesson had been learned, he ended the spanking with half a dozen stinging smacks to the tender area where bottom and thighs meet. He then gently ran his reddened palm over the young man’s sweaty back and slowly lowered Nick to kneel on the floor beside him.

Nick clung to his lover with his face pressed against Gil’s leg and gradually got his crying under control. Then with the other man’s help, he got unsteadily to his feet. He reached back to rub his backside and whimpered at the soreness there. He was vaguely aware of Gil pulling up his pyjama bottoms which had somehow change from soft cotton to grade 40 sandpaper over the last several moments. He submitted to the gentle urging to leave the kitchen, walk through the living room, down the hall and into their bedroom. Under Gil’s loving guidance, he stretched out on his stomach and buried his head to sob into his pillow while he waited for his partner to lie down beside him and take him into his arms. This was where Nick had wanted to be in the first place.

Grissome lifted his Brat onto his chest and held him close. He whispered words of love and comfort as he rhythmically rubbed slow, soothing circles on the young man’s back. Sometime later, the sobs turned to sniffles and eventually to small hitches of breath as Nick responded to the calming sounds and relaxed in his Top’s embrace.

“I love you, baby!” Gil murmured his declaration and softly kissed the head on his shoulder. “I don’t ever want to lose you and certainly not because of your own avoidable, impulsive actions.”

“I understand, Gil, and I’m trying to do better, honest! I love you, too!” was Nick’s solemn vow.

Two lovers drifted off to sleep securely enfolded in each other’s arms.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment